Sunday, April 9, 2017

Script For My CCR

Hello everyone, my name is Samantha Klopman and I am thrilled with the final result of my project. I chose to work on this project alone because once i have a vision on something i am passionate about, it is hard for me to compromise. Also, working alone allowed me to work at my own pace and not rely on the other person. I created a magazine and strategically chose to name it “ Blissful Bites”. When creating my magazine I had to come up with something I love to talk about, and the only thing i can talk about forever is FOOD, yes I know that sounds a bit immature, but I’m a foodie what can I say. Food magazines are common and i didn’t want to fall in the cliche of them, i needed to stand out. So I began to think about things that are usually not featured and how i can relate to the topic. Then one day I had an epiphany of what i want. my mother is the most hardworking woman in know, she takes care of me and my twin brother, is a 5 star wife, is a successful business woman, and also works to improve the community. My project wants to assist that chaotic working mom, who never has any time on her hands. ( show image on google images) she is trying to take care of the kids, make phone calls, attend to her husband, and cook. So i began to think: whats the most stressful part of a mothers day? I did some research and found that the morning is the most hectic. Therefore, i created the breakfast issue for my magazine,Blissful Bites. To give the working mom an easy way to get her body going. My goal was to feature all things you can eat on the go. Bite sized foods that will keep her satisfied until lunch time. This way, she does not have to worry about making time to sit down at her table, she can eat these delicious foods in the car, with no rush. When you look up on the internet “ delicious breakfast foods” the only meals that come up, are meals that require a fork and knife, and not assessable to the working moms busy schedule. I want to prove that on-the-go-foods are delicious and can save mothers so much time in the morning: which will lead to more time with assisting her family. ( show Pinterest) I used Pinterest so much through out this project, i found many different recipes here that accommodate the working mother. ( show recipes) My product engages with my target audience by using words such as Super fast, controlled kitchen, Simple and  savory, and extra crispy in my cover lines which are BOLDED on my front cover. Moreover, as a whole, i chose to take a slightly more simplistic approach with the design of my magazine due to what would be enticing to the working mother. 1. they Don’t want to be digging through graphics and heavy amounts of text just to find a page number. ( show table of contents ). As you can see, i divided my table of contents in 3 clean cut columns, with titles at the top of each. This way everything is perfectly set up, and easy to pick out what you may want. ( show two page spread) i chose to go graphic heavy on one page and text heavy on the other, i feel that when graphics and text mix, it causes confusion to the reader, and i wanted to avoid that. Especially because my target typically does not have much time on her hands, i wanted to make her everything fast to understand. My magazine will be distributed both print and online. i want it to be sold at grocery stores, and big box stores such as target and wall mart, because many moms tend to shop there. It would be sold online because in todays society technology is extremely popular. I would also create a Blissful Bites app that would be available for download on I tunes and google Play. This project definitely caused me to grow as far my production skills. I became more efficient with my time, i created schedules and had deadlines i had to meet in order to get this project done on time. My skills with technology also grew. I had t become familiar with my tools available to me on my MacBook. I used the software provided to me on my computer. I found that online sources limited me to many things and did not allow me to fulfill my vision. For example, Joomag is a magazine creating website that was recommended by many. Personally, i hated it because you had to chose a pre made template. Because i had drawn my sketches for my HOMEMADE design, compromising to something was not an opinion for me. ( SHOW HOW I EIDTED PHOTS) 

i used the internet for research, i created my magazine on pages, it allowed me to have full control, my ideas truly came to life. 


Thats it everyone, thank you so much for watching my CCR and i hope you enjoyed the final product of Blissful Bites as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment