Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Technical Difficulties

This has honestly been the most stressful week of my life. I encountered major technical difficulties surrounding the files in which my project was saved. Long story short, I had to re-do my front cover and table of contents. I used the exact same design, but replicated it onto a new document. I am such a perfectionist, so you can just imagine how long I was playing with all the text boxes until I was satisfied with the results. My front cover came out identical to the first time I made it, but the table of contents I struggled with. 

As you can see above, the lines are not perfectly lined up, which honestly really annoys me. When it comes to these types of things I have such OCD, and it prevents me from progressing with the project. It is actually impossible to align all the columns due to the standard size set to each text box in Pages on my MacBook. I understand that I'm sounding like it is the end of the world, but it’s just that this project means so much to me and I want it to live up to the high standard I set for myself. 

Just to reiterate why my table of contents is simplistic: my target audience. It is the working mom, she doesn't have time to be searching through graphics just to find the page number of a story that may appeal to her. I separated my table of contents into three, clean cut columns so the reader can easily find what she is looking for without the hassle. 


Well, now that I got those issues resolved, I need to complete my two page spread. Get ready for a masterpiece :)

No comments:

Post a Comment