Friday, March 31, 2017

It's Editing Time

I absolutely love editing photos, in my opinion this is the time where the photos really come to life. I am obsessed with using the tools available to me on my MacBook, it is the same tools I used to edit the donuts for my table of contents. It allows me to create a masterpiece and it will definitely be useful for future products in this class and others where I need to take photographs.

In my photographs, I wanted to capture things that are the same color or in the same color family in one shot. If you take a look at my previous blog post you can see all the photos pre-editing. So the one below is an image of all the brown ingredients.
The edits I made are:
  • Increased the exposure to make everything brighter
  • Increased the contrast to balance out the exposure increase
  • Removed all the highlights because it gave the photo a weird yellow undertone 
  • Decreased the shadows to prevent the shot from being to dark 
  • Cropped it into a circular shape 

Below is the white ingredients + the cracked eggs. I included the eggs with the white ingredients because there were way more brown ingredients than white so I had to try and balance it out. 

The edits I made are:
  • Slight increase in exposure because this photo was already bright to begin with
  • Decreased contrast because the photo was already bright 
  • The smallest bit of highlight, the yellow highlight complimented the yellow yolks
  • increased shadows to add depth to the whiteness of the ingredients 
  • Cropped into circular shape 
Here are photos of the mixed ingredients:
Edits:
  • Increase in exposure because photo was dull
  • Increase in contrast to balance out the exposure 
  • Remove highlight
  • Remove shadow
  • Crop into rectangular shape to eliminate excess background 
Edits:
  • Increase in exposure because photo had an ugly undertone
  • Did not change contrast 
  • Remove highlight because it made it look more appetizing 
  • Remove shadow because it made it look more appetizing 
  • Crop into a cleaner rectangular shape 

French toast cups pre oven :


Edits:
  • Increase in exposure to brighten the image up also to show more detail 
  • Slight decrease in contrast to even out the exposure 
  • Add highlight to help show color of bread
  • Increase shadow to make the color of the pan pop!
  • Crop into cleaner rectangular shape 
French Toast cups post oven : 


Edits:
  • Slight increase in expose to make it look visually pleasing 
  • Increase in contrast to make bread look crispy
  • Add highlight to show to perfect baking job I achieved ;)
  • Remove shadow 
  • Crop into cleaner rectangular shape 
French toast cups out of pan with syrup:

Edits: 
  • Increase in expose to make the food look more appetizing 
  • Increase in contrast to show depth of colors
  • Add highlight to make photo look more professional 
  • Increase shadow to balance out exposure
  • Crop into cleaner rectangular shape 
WOO so that's all my photos, stay tuned for the finished product of my two page spread!




No comments:

Post a Comment