Saturday, March 25, 2017

Table of Contents Is Complete

I have been working on my table of contents for literally four hours. My family thought I was insane working on the same page for that long, but they don't understand how much I care about this project. I promised myself at the start of this, that I would not stop until everything is absolutely perfect in my eyes, and thus far I have maintained that mindset. Moreover, today was the day that I completed my table of contents and here is the final product:
As you guys can tell, this is completely different than the sketch I posted. When I started laying everything out with my original idea the first thing that came to my mind was how cluttered everything appeared. The working mother doesn't have time to dig through a bunch of graphics just to find a story she wants to read, therefore I had to improvise. 

( Disregard the little plus signs, they are just there because I minimized the page so I could take a snapshot to post here on my outlet) This image looks extremely large, but I wanted you guys to be able to clearly read the titles of the stories and view the graphics without squinting. Okay, so just to refresh your memories, I wanted to make my table of contents pretty simple for the most part because my target audience is the working mom; she has a million responsibilities on her plate, so I wanted to make the table of contents quick and to the point. Therefore, I did not focus that much on graphics. I focused on the actual content. To elaborate, I made the page number bolded followed by a short 3-10 word description of the story featured. I chose donut holes because they are bite size and they go with the theme of my magazine perfectly ( breakfast, bite size, and on the go). I also thought donuts could be really cute and would assist in bringing a bit of color to simple red and black color scheme. The three column in my opinion is visually pleasing, and I chose to place the rainbow donut in the center because it will draw the reader in. 

Summary: Overall, I am more than pleased with the result. I am happy that I changed from my original sketch to this layout because it will appeal more to my target audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment