Friday, March 24, 2017

Table of Contents photos: pre and post editing

I photographed for my table of contents today and I finished editing everything. As you saw in my sketch, I wanted the images to be of donut holes because they fit perfectly with my theme. I took a ride to Dunkin' Donuts and asked the lady for 10 munchkins. Here is a photo of all the little donuts before I began taking pictures of them:
  
In no particular order, I photographed each donut hole. I know that lighting is an essential part in photography, it can make or break a picture. I have these adjustable lights in my kitchen under the cabinets, so I used them to my advantage. 

That is basically what I used in order to get the perfect amount of lighting with the goal of making the  donuts appear as appetizing as possible.

PRE-EDITING


As you can see, the photos are a dull around the donut so in order to Mae everything a bit lighter and more crisp, I used the tools available to me on my Mac. 
                                                        

For all of the images above I:
  • Increased the exposure tremendously. This allows everything to become brighter and more visually appealing 
  • Increased the contrast a little to balance out the increase in exposure
  • Increased the sharpness to make everything appear more HD

POST-EDITING


I also cropped all the photos into the circular from that the donuts are to make everything appear more realistic. All in all, I'm happy with the result and can't wait to input them into my Table of contents.



No comments:

Post a Comment