Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Two page spread! Gathering the ingredients + Inspiration

Today, I began to really focus on my two page spread. I went to the grocery store and picked up all the ingredients necessary for the French toast cups. Just to refresh your memory, in an earlier post I talked about why I picked the French toast cups to feature on my two page spread, it is because it's a beloved breakfast delicacy that can also accommodate the working mom. C'mon, lets say goodbye to all the forks and knifes and say hello to on-the-go bite size FINGER FOODS.

While I was at the grocery store, I couldn't help but notice that the vast majority of people in the store were women with kids. This inspired me even more and made me more motivated to make a magazine that can help take a load off their shoulders and gives the moms a way to focus on themselves.

Just a little story so you can understand me a little more: my mom is the most amazing person you can ever meet, seeing her balance 100 things at once made me realize that being a mom is a full time job. I asked my mom at the start of this project "What is one meal that you never had time for when I was young?" my mom answered " Breakfast, without a doubt. I was always rushing out the door and didn't have time to sit down and have a meal." This made it clear that I needed to do a breakfast edition for my Blissful Bites magazine.

Stay tuned my fellow foodies for the delicious pictures I will take while making the French toast cups :)

No comments:

Post a Comment