Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Sketches make it more official


    After much brainstorming and research, I came up with an exact vision for what I want my table of contents to look like. The image above is my sketch, I'm so happy with how it looks, and I'm so excited to share every detail of all the elements with you guys. 

  1. The words "Table of Contents" needed to stand out so the reader knows exactly what the page should entail of. To keep things a bit uniform throughout the magazine, "Table of Contents" will be in black bubble letters, just like the masthead on the front cover. WHY? To stick with the idea of simple but playful. I want the letters to be in all capital letters because I think its prettier and makes more of a statement. 
  2. I thought the different kinds of donuts would be a cute way to space the layout out. I picked donut holes because they are bite size and it went with the theme of the magazine ( breakfast and bite size)
  3. Under each donut will be a page number and the name of the story featured on that page.
  4. The page numbers will be in bold red font because it will compliment the page numbers located on my front cover (which are also in red) . Thus, making the magazine uniform and coherent by all numbers being displayed in red. 
  5. The cover lines will be in simple black font to match with the masthead and the title of this page.
  6. The background color will be white so everything pops off the page. The red and black along with the array of donuts will be visually appealing to the reader. 
Next week Mrs.Marchetti said the class will be critiquing other peoples blogs, so I hope my class will give me honest feedback on the layouts of my pages. 

Next step: TWO PAGE LAYOUT 

No comments:

Post a Comment