Thursday, March 23, 2017

Pages > JooMag

Quick update before I show you guys my unfinished masterpiece. I went to Joomag because it was highly recommended to me by people who took Aice Media Studies last year. Turns out, on Joomag you can't create you own layout, you have to choose an already existing template. This did not go over well with me because I had already created my layouts and was so set on doing them that I wasn't willing to sacrifice certain things just to get them on a template. Therefore, I am not going to be creating Blissful Bites on Joomag. I would rate Joomag 5/10; it is made for people who don't already have a vision in mind. I would recommend it to people who may not be that creative because it gives those a huge helping hand. Moreover, all the user has to do is plug in their information and everything else is already set up.

I will be creating my magazine on Pages, you can literally do whatever you want as far as design/layout goes. Yes, there are a couple templates available on Pages, but I chose "BLANK" because I wanted full freedom to design it how I want. So last night I finished with my front cover (all the elements of my front cover as far as font and colors, were discussed in a previous post) and I'm so happy with the outcome.


TA DAAA! There it is, my front cover that I'm so happy about. It is exactly how my sketch was, I'm so thankful for the versatility that Pages gives to the user. The only thing I need to insert now is my photo. As you guys saw in my last post, I'm in the editing process with my images. I want to make sure it is perfect and front cover worthy. The final product of my front cover and table of contents will be posted this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment