Friday, April 7, 2017

The long awaited front cover

As soon as I got home from school I had one mission in mind, TO TAKE THE PHOTO FOR MY FRONT COVER. I had three pieces of criteria that I needed to meet:
  • Bright colors
  • 3D
  • Easily capture the theme of breakfast 
My family is OBSESSED with breakfast food so I opened my fridge and had a variety of items to chose from. The eggs, peppers, and tomatoes were screaming my name, and thats when my creative juices started flowing. I cracked the egg in the pepper, cooked it, and arranged perfectly sliced tomatoes around the perimeter. 



















My house has become a photo studio, and I LOVE IT. I took many different photos from a from two different angles. Here they are: 


I decided to go with the first one because it is more visually pleasing and will look better on a page that is vertical. I once again edited it with the tools available to me on my Mac. I cropped everything, I drew a line around the boarder of the tomatoes and peppers so I didn't have an excess white space. 

HOW PRETTY? It met all my criteria and I am currently crying tears of joy ( I promise that is not an exaggeration.) Below is an image of my FINISHED front cover. 

In pages there is a setting where you can have the image form a reflection, so as you can see I took full advantage of that. I AM FINALLY DONE with the creative part. Now it is time to put this same level of energy and effort into my CCR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment