Wednesday, April 5, 2017

PINTEREST HAS ME GOING INSANE

So I was recently on Pinterest  and got inspired for the 10000th time. I completely changed my plan for my two page spread.
I found this this was a realistic layout for something I can create. This more modern and straight to the point in comparison to my original sketch, which is perfect for my target audience. I thought this layout was intriguing, one page was all graphics and the next page was text. Here is my new sketch for my two page spread.

Now allow me to explain EVERYTHING!

FIRST PAGE

1. On the first page, each ingredient will individually be placed just like the mushrooms in the image I found on Pinterest. I love how the ingredients are separate, in my opinion it gives depth and added detail to the page itself. The little 'I' on the circles in my sketch represent the ingredients.

2. The bigger circles will be the ingredients MIXED in gradual stages. 
  • Mixture of all liquids 
  • Mixture plus bread 
This will help make the directions on the next page come to life.

3. Then the largest image on the page will be the muffins still in the tin after they had been baked. 

4. The background of the page will be wood to resemble a cutting board.

5. The title will be in the color black and in the font Bradley Hand which is available to me on pages.

SECOND PAGE

1. I want to add a story to my two page spread because after all this is a magazine. So I interviewed my moms friend, and asked her questions about on the go foods and how the recipe has benefited her. 

2. The background of my page will be white because I do not want it to distract from the large quantity of text. This will also appeal to my target audience, the more simple the better.

3. Under the story,  I'm putting directions to the recipe so the reader is able to make it just by owning the magazine.

4. A list of ingredients, which will be complimented by the images on the previous page. 

5. I will also add a tip which I think is a cute added feature to the page. 

6. The font will all be in NoteWorthy

7. Titles will be in brown to work well with the mixture of brown shades on my graphic heavy page 

8. Actual text/content will be in black

Source Cited:
"Pinterest." Pinterest. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Apr. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment